Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weigh in Thursdays


So this morning was my official weekly weigh-in and I was up .4 pounds.  I know it's not much, but GGGRRRR.

I've been really good, with a few slip-ups, with my eating, however, I'm not counting calories, which I probably should be doing.  But, I don't wanna!  The Nutritarian way is to not count calories because you're eating right!  So, this next week, I'm going to be very very diligent about not eating any wheat containing products!  No gluten for this girl.  I need to be religious and see if that works.  If the scale doesn't show a positive drop, next week, then I'll know I have to start counting calories again - UGH!
Oh I LOVE bread.  This will be tough!

History tells me that for me to lose weight, I must count calories and exercise.  Well, I want the Nutritarian way to help me eliminate the calorie counting.  I don't want to be a slave to the food scale!  I'm rebelling!

I read something recently that really made sense to me.  It's one of those things that you know, but sometimes you just need to see it in a different light to make it sink in.

"The most important point about food labels is that you should avoid foods that have labels." HELLO!  Wake up call!  This is the root of eating as close to Mother Earth as possible.  If it comes in a package, maybe you shouldn't be eating it.

I've become such an expert at reading nutrition labels, but is that really a good thing to be an expert in?  I mean if it requires you to read a label to make sure it doesn't have all the "evils" in it, maybe you shouldn't be eating it in the first place!

There are a few exceptions to this - frozen fruits and veggies are still ok to eat, they have a label, but I would caution you that you still need to read that label of frozen fruits and veggies to make sure there isn't anything added to them.  Another exception are some all natural raw energy-type bars.

So my new rule is, especially for this week, no foods with labels. PERIOD!

Can you do this??  Join me for a week of label free eating.  Hit your local farmer's market and get your freshness on!!

Stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment