Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Attitude

I had a really tough last half of 2011, both physically and emotionally.  In my last post you saw that I had broken my ankle.  This really set me back, I think more emotionally than physically.  Then in October our niece, Ashley, died suddenly of still unknown causes.  More emotional stress.  I had a falling out with my Step-son, Christopher, more emotional stress.  My company moved it's facilities, now we're financially strapped, yet more emotional stress (I'm the bookkeeper). Then our personal finances have slowly dwindled for this and that (car repairs, etc.).  Needless to say I have been an emotional mess since July 31st 2011.

It has taken a toll on my confidence, motivation, and mental stability.  But, I am a fighter and survivor.  I get up everyday and do what has to be done, but it is hard.

I'm struggling with my weight, my eating is out of control.  I'm hooked on sugar and carbs again, oh and have regained my love for alcohol.  All bad!

I actually did something last night that I haven't done in probably 15 years, I actually stayed up past midnight on New Year's Eve, drinking way too much (don't worry, I didn't have to drive, I was at my next door neighbors).  I had a lot of fun, but this morning I'm remembering why I stopped that way of life many years ago.

So today is a new day, it's a new year, and I have a new attitude!  I'm planning on taking back my life.  It's going to be extremely hard to pull it together, but one of my goals for this year is to learn how to mono-task.  This will be the hardest thing I've ever had to learn how to do.  By nature, I need to be doing lots.  Sitting still isn't something I know how to do.  This isn't going to happen overnight, but I'm planning on taking it one day at a time.

I'm one of those people who dive in head first, full force, when I decide to do something, but this year, I'm going to do my best not to do that!  Baby steps are the key to success.  Therefore, I'm only going to commit to giving up one thing starting today - SUGAR.

Sugar is tied to lots of foods, so at the same time, this will help me step away from flour products too.

I also feel that if I'm going to give something up, I should add something to focus on.  So my added focus is to regain control of my finances.  That means, using my Quicken (that I've had for years and have fallen off the postings wagon) to keep track of everything. 

Eliminate - SUGAR
Add - CONTROL OF FINANCES

Both these tasks are going to be tough, but I will take it one day at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment