Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm back, I promise - Weigh-in Thursdays

I'm still alive.  I promise!  I guess my last post really hit home when I said I was on sensory overload.  I've also been on life overload as well.  However, I recently stumbled upon a blog, The Pioneer Woman, that had a posting about blogging rules, and the 2nd one reminded me that it is time to get back here and do the best that I can to keep this blog active.

So where have I been?  Well, it's summer time and I'm busy doing what I love to do most - be outside, not sitting at a computer.

A LOT has happened in the past 2 months and I hope I can bring you up to date, slowly.  I won't do it all in one post as I think that would be overwhelming for me and you.  I will post about my adventures atop Half Dome, white water rafting, buying a car, my current weight loss, and what life has thrown at me over the past 2 months.

So what should I talk about first (today) - HHHMMMM.  I think I'll bring you up on my weight loss journey as it's positive.  Although, it hasn't been positive over the past 2 months.  I believe that was another reason I backed off from my Weigh-in Thursdays as I had negative results for a while and it was frustrating.

I am back on track.  I've been working with my trainer, Diane Cressey, at her new studio, Breakout Fitness in Folsom, and as usual, she's working her miracles.  I don't work with her privately, but in a group format.  I also signed up for her Breakout Body Fat Loss Challenge which is an intensive 12 week program.  The key to the success of this challenge is by going to her workouts 5 days a week, well I can only commit to 4 days a week, but it's still working.

In the first 2 weeks of the challenge I lost 2.2 pounds of body FAT.  How cool is that?  At the same time, I'm getting stronger with the workouts. Since my last Weigh-In Thursday I am down 3.2 pounds total.  I hope for bigger numbers soon.



I continue to run, bike, swim, and hike whenever I can.  I signed up for a triathlon, my first ever, in September, so I have been doing some tri training as well.  Next week we start our open water swim training, yikes.

As I continue on my Nutritarian path, slowly, I AM eating one huge salad a day and I've definitely incorporated a lot more veggies and fruit.  However, since I'm cutting back on my fat intake, I've had to knock my almonds out for a while



Thanks for your patience and understanding, but I plan on being a better participant in my quest to blog my life.








No comments:

Post a Comment